Saturday, October 25, 2008

Needed: a swift kick

The Kingdom is an interesting place. When I do something to grow as a believer, it is not only for my benefit, but for that of the Kingdom of God as well. That means, when I make a commitment to grow, I am not only committing to myself and to God, but to my brothers and sisters in the Kingdom. I was re-reading some past entries into my journal (man's diary) and I came across a commitment I made back in July...JULY... that I have yet to start on. I made a commitment to memorize 40 passages in the bible in 1 year. I have it broken down into 4 sections.

10 passages about or by Christ
10 passages about character/ virtues of a Christ-follower
10 passages about sin/ grace/ freedom
10 passages about the Holy Spirit

Today I started making my list. I decided to start with the second 10 (virtues). Here's what I came up with.
Contentment - 1 Timothy 6:6
Endurance - Philippians 3:12-14
Faith - Matthew 8:5-13
Forgiveness - Ephesians 4:31, 32
Holiness - 1 Peter 1:13-16
Honesty - 2 Corinthians 8:21
Integrity - Titus 2:7, 8
Purity of Thought - Philippians 4:8
Steadfastness - 1 Corinthians 15:58
Trust - Psalm 37:3-6


This is a Kingdom commitment, so ask me... quiz me... pester me about these.

0 comments: