Monday, December 22, 2008

If I have not love

I am terrified to share my faith. I'll be the first to admit that telling a stranger about Jesus scares the dittles out of me. I can always come up with a an excuse like, "I'm too busy... I'll be late to work." (I work at a church, by the way) =or= "I don't want to offend this person." =or even better= "What if I tell this person about Jesus and I make it seem lame? I'd rather someone cooler come along to share the Gospel with this person." (that's an actual fear of mine... lame? YES!)

Well I was exploring the blogosphere today and found this video on another blogger's site (you must visit this blog, by the way).


The guy in the video is Penn Jillette (of the magic duo Penn and Teller). Penn is an outspoken athiest. You might call him a super atheist. Mr. Jillette himself has said, "I believe there is no God. I'm beyond atheism."

If you're like me, and you can come up with a thousand reasons to not tell others about Jesus... then heed the words of the Super Atheist.



How do you get over the fear?

0 comments: