Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Prodigal Jon

This week I thought I'd highlight another of my favorite bloggers. His name is Jon Acuff and he writes a couple of blogs. The one I frequent most often is called Stuff Christians Like. That blog is dedicated to the wonderful world of the 'christian' subculture. For example, here's one of my favorites: #277. Crazy rapture products.

Most of the time they are just plain funny. But from time to time (and I'm sure this is Jon's point), I get convicted, or angry, or frustrated because he's right... we do some dumb things. I should probably point out that Jon is a very committed Christ follower. He's not just some angry guy out to get us 'real' Christians. He seems to truly love Jesus. He also doesn't seem like one of those super cynical Christians that says "I love Jesus, but I hate Christians." You know the type, they think most Christians are entirely too judgmental and will be the first to throw that stone.

Every once and a while, Jon inspires me. Today was such a day. At another blog of his (the guy writes like 20 blogs!!), he wrote this. Thanks for the swift kick, Jon.

I will not fall asleep

0 comments: