Thursday, January 1, 2009

I will miss you

I will miss you, 2008. We shared many experiences together. Some of them great, beautiful, joyful, encouraging, uplifting. Some of them hard, ugly, frightening, sad, frustrating, heart-breaking.

We saw the 1-year aniversary of my beautiful wife and I -- You saw me perform the wedding of my baby sister -- You followed us through a move from Chicago, IL to Gilbert, AZ -- You were there through the frustrations and ultimate joy of Shannon's job search -- We saw the loss of my grandmother and an old friend -- You watched me gain... then lose... then gain again -- You followed Shannon and I on many adventures -- We saw wars and hatred -- We saw generosity and kindness -- We saw public figures rise and fall -- We saw hidden greatness step into the light

But mostly, we saw the Kingdom breaking gracefully into this world. Yes, I will miss you, 2008. But there are those around me who see something beautiful on the horizon of 2009... and I belive them. So, forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

0 comments: