Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm starting my list over - Why?

Because I can! THAT'S why! And if you have a problem with that, well then you can just go...

Wait.

I'm sorry. You don't deserve that. You are reading my blog, after all.

I'm feeling a little guilty because I made this list back in October.

Of 2008!

I really haven't done much of it. Plus... I want to change my list a little. And you know what I decided. I decided that it's OKAY! Seriously, I've felt guilty about not keeping up with my list so I just gave up. Then I realized... that's a REALLY STUPID reason to quit. Of all the things on the planet to be stressed about, my fun list of life goals should NOT be one of them.

So I'm starting over. Clean slate, as they say. I've recently been inspired my my hot wife and my good friend (and VERY talented photographer) Erin DeZago. Check out both of their blogs. Do it. Come back to this one later.

Here are my 101 goals I hope to accomplish in the next 1001 days. 1001 days from today (January 18, 2010) will be October 15, 2012. And I better finish on time cuz apparently, the world's gonna end a couple months later.

1 – Graduate College (projected early June)
2 – Go deer hunting with my dad… and kill a deer.
3 – Record a CD of my OWN music
4 – Find a doctor I like
5 – Be a part of the solution in Africa
6 – Sponsor a child with Providence World Ministries
7 – Read the Bible in a year
8 – Camp in the woods for a month (survivor man style)
9 – Visit the original Starbucks in Seattle
10 – Take my students on a LeaderTreks trip
11 – Lose 35 lbs
12 – Buy a house
13 – Start an HSA
14 – Adopt a dog and name him Gunther
15 – Read every Philip Yancey book (3 of 8)
16 – Read every Brennan Manning book (1 of 14)
17 – Audit a photography class
18 – Take a beautiful picture of something common
19 – Take lessons for a new instrument (either piano, cello, mandolin, harmonica or drums)
20 – Visit Alaska
21 – Do a 7-day fast
22 – Run a mile with my wife
23 – Go deep-sea fishing
24 – Make a coffee table
25 – Invest
26 – Hike Picacho Peak with Shannon
27 – Hike Camelback with Shannon
28 – Be a Vegetarian for a month.
29 – Rescue someone
30 – Go on a motorcycle trip
31 – Tattoo
32 – Learn to golf
33 – Be an extra in a movie
34 – Learn to love vegetables
35 – Do something I hate to challenge myself
36 – Give up something I love to learn something new
37 – Do 10 chin-ups in a row
38 – Do 100 push-ups in a row
39 – Play guitar and sing at an open mic night somewhere
40 – See a stand-up comedian
41 – Go to the Opera
42 – Have an entire conversation in Spanish
43 – Go for a morning jog everyday for a month
44 – Write a love song for Shannon and sing it for her
45 – Be alone for 48 hours
46 – Take a 24-hour vow of silence
47 – Cook an exotic meal
48 – Read a book in 1 day
49 – Write 10 poems
50 – Join a co-op
51 – Go to Portland
52 – Eat Mexican food in Mexico
53 – Audit a photoshop class
54 – Design a website
55 – Go to a Jazz gig
56 – Wine tasting
57 – Buy a nice camera
58 – Grow an herb garden
59 – 2 words… Chia Pet
60 – Audit an Astronomy class
61 – Learn a new art
62 – Bet $25 on Black
63 – See 15 of the AFI top 100 movies that I’ve yet to see
64 – Buy stock in a company I believe in
65 – Ride a horse
66 – No soda for a month
67 – Video myself sleeping
68 – Collect all State quarters in both mints (59/100)
69 – Play hookie w/ Shannon and go out of town
70 – Get a Pedicure
71 – Contribute the max to an IRA for 6 months of a year
72 – Buy a rifle and a handgun
73 – Teach Shannon how to shoot
74 – Do a home improvement project
75 – Go a month without eating at a restaurant
76 – Go a week without buying anything
77 – Surprise Shannon with a trip somewhere
78 – Learn to work on my motorcycle
79 – Learn to cook 5 organic meals
80 – Ride my bike to work once a week for 4 months (actual weeks… not average)
81 – (when we have a house) – Audit energy consumption for 2 months.
82 – Then cut energy usage by 25%
83 – Buy all organic produce at a Farmer’s Market
84 – Raise awareness and $$ for a cause
85 – Be debt free
86 – Apply to be on a game show
87 – Buy a juicer
88 – Buy a food processor
89 – Try a yoga class… a macho one
90 – Learn to do a back flip
91 – Repaint my motorcycle
92 – See Switchfoot or Jon Foreman in San Diego
93 – Visit a coffee plantation
94 – Eat Sushi
95 – Fly first class
96 – Buy an original painting
97 – Share my faith with a stranger
98 – Start seeing a chiropractor
99 – Spend a week without TV or Moives or Radio or Internet (while at home - not while on a mission trip).
100 – Go mountain biking on South Mountain
101 – Save $10 for each 101 accomplished (including this one) and put it in my sock drawer… I MEAN… A bank guarded by ROBOTS!!


I've got to be honest... I changed some. Also, as I look back, I've accomplished quite a few of these. I guess I have fodder for the next few blog posts.

PEACE!

1 comments:

Shannon said...

Love it babe! Can't wait for my surprise trip! :)