Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Still Resolute

I know it's nearly the end of January, but I've decided to share a few of my 2010 resolutions. I have my goals broken down into 4 categories, Physical, Financial, Professional and Spiritual. I won't bore you with all of my goals, but I will share a goal from the Spiritual Category.

As much as I would like to call myself a reader, I'm not sure that I deserve the title. Coffee drinker? Yes. TV watcher? Of course. Costco Pizza connoisseur? Without a doubt.

But reader? Probably not. I have the best intentions. Even worked through some pretty thick books during the Christmas break (3 of the Harry Potter books hardly makes me literati) .

The reality is, my stack of unread books is getting taller... as is my stack of "books I tell people I am reading but in reality I stopped somewhere around chapter 3."

In an effort to remedy this, I have given myself the lofty goal of reading at least one spiritually focused book per month. Here's my list:

1 Mark Driscoll book (my January choice... book review next week).
1 John Piper book
2 Brennan Manning books (this will get me closer to #16 on my 101 list).
2 Philip Yancey books (this will get me closer to #15 on my 101 list).
Donald Miller's new book, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years.

Here's where I need your suggestions!
I want to read 4 books on specific spiritual disciplines (Prayer, Meditation, Fasting and Scripture Memory). - suggestions?
That leaves me with one wildcard book. - I'm taking suggestions here too.

Thanks for reading.

0 comments: